Step 1: Get the .apk file on the device
- Connecting via USB and using Android File Transfer or similar*
- Using an SD card or similar (if your device has one).
- Using Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
- Emailing it to yourself!
Step 2: Allow installs from unknown sources
Step 3: Find the file on your device!
Once you can see the file, click it to install.
Did it work?
* If you need to enable USB connection
- Visit Settings > Storage
- Click top-right for "USB computer connection"
- Ensure Media device (MTP) is selected.